Nirguna - one without traits
Everything dies to meet dust.
Dust born in the womb of stars.
In heat and pressure which minds cannot measure.
And from dust springs the heavens tune,
A flute, a piper, a drummer, a flower.
I often wonder,
What is the state of the ultimate lover?
Is the wind dead? Are the waves alive?
Do the mountains breath?
Clouds do they breed?
The dust is not the simplest form,
Yet it is far simpler than Carbons catenated to conjoint and conform.
Beyond dust is the realm of elements,
Beyond them, atoms and their particles,
We keep on splitting to find the quantum improbable,
The true lover is without a plus or a minus,
A gender less traveller she has not time on her wrist,
She is not conscious, she is quantum and yet infinite,
She does not know, yet she makes all that is finite.
Perhaps that is what the dodo's meant,
The guys who wrote the books of Hindu wealth,
When they christened god as Nirguna,
Meaning one without any traits, good or bad.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Nirguna is an adjective in Hindu Philosophy to describe god. One who has no faults, and therefore no virtues.
Comments about this poem (Nirguna - one without traits by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Bayard Taylor
(11 January 1825 – 19 December 1878)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- Turning Over Rocks, Kyle Schlicher
- I am Native American, Spiritwind Wood
- Now I Can See, Kyle Schlicher
- Behind My Pain, Spiritwind Wood
- The History Will Hide…, Rajesh Thankappan
- I Cried, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Uncle Trevor's Justice to Travis, rohan bendre
- The Second Birth Of Tragedy, Leila Samarrai
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering