Had it been more,
This quake that shook my soul,
And left me desireless of sleep,
Perhaps my death would be.
A sudden flight
A leap in might
Such powers i had not seen,
with schematics of a movie scene,
Their target was me.
Darkness surrounds me
As i scurry for space, where to run.
In flight from a thousand voices,
The angry voices of the unknown,
In a moment of fury,
They seek vengance for transgressions unknown.
My response, my adrenalin, my flight.
I leaped houses with might,
Ran to no places known
And saw beings and things,
Ghost or men that's unknown.
I came across a number,
So who ran in sudden fright,
Perhaps another dreaming soul,
Some that could sense my fear,
As friends or foes? , that's unknown.
I ran from the unknown
And ran into the dead,
Each man on his grave, making out with friends.
In fear, i plunged into the earth,
My death perhaps in that world,
My awakening in mine.
The darkness had followed me,
I still heard the mob
And my heart beating fast,
Fear, fear. It shakes me.
I quiver like a rain beaten hen.
It shakes me. It shakes me,
Even though it was only,
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightmare by Precious Okidika )
- Monsoon Love, Kelly Zion
- Thanksgiving, ThanhThanh Poet
- My old wet blanket, jaquesha webb
- Thanksgiving, Nhuan LeXuan
- My Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- A bell that I hear, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Cures For Catatonia, Saiom Shriver
- American Blacks And Poor Whites, Is It Poetry
- A 'No Piece' Cosby, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- The System, Cristhian Aguilera
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)