Had it been more,
This quake that shook my soul,
And left me desireless of sleep,
Perhaps my death would be.
A sudden flight
A leap in might
Such powers i had not seen,
with schematics of a movie scene,
Their target was me.
Darkness surrounds me
As i scurry for space, where to run.
In flight from a thousand voices,
The angry voices of the unknown,
In a moment of fury,
They seek vengance for transgressions unknown.
My response, my adrenalin, my flight.
I leaped houses with might,
Ran to no places known
And saw beings and things,
Ghost or men that's unknown.
I came across a number,
So who ran in sudden fright,
Perhaps another dreaming soul,
Some that could sense my fear,
As friends or foes? , that's unknown.
I ran from the unknown
And ran into the dead,
Each man on his grave, making out with friends.
In fear, i plunged into the earth,
My death perhaps in that world,
My awakening in mine.
The darkness had followed me,
I still heard the mob
And my heart beating fast,
Fear, fear. It shakes me.
I quiver like a rain beaten hen.
It shakes me. It shakes me,
Even though it was only,
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightmare by Precious Okidika )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sanctuary, Dorothy Parker
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Fate, Free Will and God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 13, Michael P. McParland
- Many Good Reasons To Cry, Bill Galvin
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins