Saying good night, at the end of each day,
I'm sad she's not here, but miles away.
Decades ago, she once was my bride.
I miss her so much, I'm empty inside,
With her not here, I do nothing but cry.
Closing my eyes, I then try to sleep,
With longing inside, I again start to weep.
Suddenly remembered, what I once said to she,
We'll meet in the stars, waiting I'll be.
Once we're united, let our spirits run free.
Though distance tends, to keep us apart,
Remember I still hold her near in my heart.
Most nights together, cannot be ours,
Though married to others, and stuck behind bars.
Close your sweet eyes, and we'll meet in the stars.
Recalling those words, I then start to smile,
Close gently my eyes, lessening the miles.
I see all the stars, how beautifully arranged,
But she is not there, nothing has changed.
Sadder I get, with no love we’ll exchange.
I sit there, alone, with hope in my heart,
Cursing the life, that kept us apart.
Then off in the distance, wisps start to churn,
An image appears, of something long yearned,
Tears start to flow, you've finally returned.
Copyright © 2013 -
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightly Goodnight by GJG Elton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- A Cookie Jar, Heather Burns
- Anger, Steve Gregory
- THERE MUST BE A CURFEW ON ALL CATS GLOBAL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Coincidence is hope for a non-believer, Jorge Rolon
- Love's Expression Escorting Me Into a Nu.., wanderer sailor
- Receding From Depleting Beliefs, Lawrence S. Pertillar