Saying good night, at the end of each day,
I'm sad she's not here, but miles away.
Decades ago, she once was my bride.
I miss her so much, I'm empty inside,
With her not here, I do nothing but cry.
Closing my eyes, I then try to sleep,
With longing inside, I again start to weep.
Suddenly remembered, what I once said to she,
We'll meet in the stars, waiting I'll be.
Once we're united, let our spirits run free.
Though distance tends, to keep us apart,
Remember I still hold her near in my heart.
Most nights together, cannot be ours,
Though married to others, and stuck behind bars.
Close your sweet eyes, and we'll meet in the stars.
Recalling those words, I then start to smile,
Close gently my eyes, lessening the miles.
I see all the stars, how beautifully arranged,
But she is not there, nothing has changed.
Sadder I get, with no love we’ll exchange.
I sit there, alone, with hope in my heart,
Cursing the life, that kept us apart.
Then off in the distance, wisps start to churn,
An image appears, of something long yearned,
Tears start to flow, you've finally returned.
Copyright © 2013 -
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightly Goodnight by GJG Elton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave