‘Nick's Soulless Shoe'
The past cannot be modified no more.
Like an old sole burden with the long
Roads behind and ahead…
Is it true that it's no more? Broken? Turned?
But there is always just one.
One that tries their best to glue it-
Glue something that is broken?
Forgotten and broken his sole is…
No longer enlist in the life ahead.
But mocked the man who walked bare
With sole less shoe.
For it is his foot step you follow
And Judge by the maker-
Mocked the man who walked bare
With soulless shoe with blisters
Oh, poor Nick's sole could never
Be taped, stapled or gummed.
His shoe wandered like shaft.
Drifting in the evening breeze with anger
Drifting in the now helpless place where it
Will remain and wait…till then.
Waiting for the then to come.
Waiting for his soulless shoe will be trashed
C.F Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Nick's Soulless Shoe' by C.F Francis )
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns