‘Nick's Soulless Shoe'
The past cannot be modified no more.
Like an old sole burden with the long
Roads behind and ahead…
Is it true that it's no more? Broken? Turned?
But there is always just one.
One that tries their best to glue it-
Glue something that is broken?
Forgotten and broken his sole is…
No longer enlist in the life ahead.
But mocked the man who walked bare
With sole less shoe.
For it is his foot step you follow
And Judge by the maker-
Mocked the man who walked bare
With soulless shoe with blisters
Oh, poor Nick's sole could never
Be taped, stapled or gummed.
His shoe wandered like shaft.
Drifting in the evening breeze with anger
Drifting in the now helpless place where it
Will remain and wait…till then.
Waiting for the then to come.
Waiting for his soulless shoe will be trashed
C.F Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Nick's Soulless Shoe' by C.F Francis )
- Thursday, Frank Avon
- Uluru, Kazuko Shiraishi
- The Neverending Story, Elimar Pingkian
- Yellow Lake, Kazuko Shiraishi
- IF only I were A Dove!, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- Gust, Kazuko Shiraishi
- Hunger, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My Tokyo, Kazuko Shiraishi
- We fall....TO RISE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- LOSS....MANY, Soumita Sarkar Ray
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)