And He eats with us
A simple act
But never known like this.
Our Master rises from the grave
Is held and hugged and kissed.
And we had thought
That all was lost
The kindest Man we knew
Consigned to death
His words, His help
His miracles all through.
But fish He brings
A fire is set
He hails us with a smile,
'Lads to the beach
It's time to eat
I missed you for a while.'
And this is life
We've never seen,
The dread of death reversed
The Man with whom
We walked so long
Has bested Adam's curse.
Now every meal
His bread and wine received
We realize the Lord is near
And faith's transport believed
Doug Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Meals by Doug Blair )
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...