Cale Young Rice
New Dreams for Old
Is there no voice in the world to come crying,
"New dreams for old!
New for old!"?
Many have long in my heart been lying,
Faded, weary, and cold.
All of them, all, would I give for a new one.
(Is there no seeker
Of dreams that were?)
Nor would I ask if the new were a true one:
Only for new dreams!
New for old!
For I am here, half way of my journey,
Here with the old!
All so old!
And the best heart with death is at tourney,
If naught new it is told.
Will there no voice, then, come -- or a vision --
Come with the beauty
That ever blows
Out of the lands that are called Elysian?
I must have new dreams!
New for old!
Cale Young Rice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Dreams for Old by Cale Young Rice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv