Never Again Never Doing It Again.
Waking up after only three hours of sleep
heads pounding after a long night of drink
stomach is turning
i did this to myself
i better get up if i can
better get to the toilet
everything from last night is about to make a show.
Taking the first steps
still drunk, dizzy and blurry eyed
i manage to get to the toilet
head over the bowl
and here we go
hold on to the sides
all rays of colours hit the water
what range of beverages did i indulge in
what ever it was its all coming up now.
After ten minutes of hell i make it back to bed
lying there thinking
'why the hell do you do it'
'never again, i'm never doing it again'
after some more sleep
i wake up
go down staires
mouths dry, sweat running from my forehead
opening the fridge
i grab myself a bottle of carlsberg
just to cool off
just to ease the pain from the night before
i grab myself a paper
get back to bed
and read the happenings of the day.
Steven Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Again Never Doing It Again. by Steven Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable