Never Again Never Doing It Again.
Waking up after only three hours of sleep
heads pounding after a long night of drink
stomach is turning
i did this to myself
i better get up if i can
better get to the toilet
everything from last night is about to make a show.
Taking the first steps
still drunk, dizzy and blurry eyed
i manage to get to the toilet
head over the bowl
and here we go
hold on to the sides
all rays of colours hit the water
what range of beverages did i indulge in
what ever it was its all coming up now.
After ten minutes of hell i make it back to bed
lying there thinking
'why the hell do you do it'
'never again, i'm never doing it again'
after some more sleep
i wake up
go down staires
mouths dry, sweat running from my forehead
opening the fridge
i grab myself a bottle of carlsberg
just to cool off
just to ease the pain from the night before
i grab myself a paper
get back to bed
and read the happenings of the day.
Steven Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Again Never Doing It Again. by Steven Harris )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Human Family, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul