Being tired, I lay down and I slept.
While sleeping, I dreamed.
In my dream, I heard a voice call.
It seemed quite near, but not near at all.
As I cautiously looked around
An ill-defined figure appeared and said, "I am in need".
"In need of what?" I asked, "Where is your need?"
"From where have you come? Where are you going?"
And she said, "I am in need."
"I want to help, I truly do, there must be something I can do."
"Tell me, when are you most in need?"
And he said, "I AM in need".
"I want to find a time, a way, but there are many things to consider when I schedule my day."
Then others came from far and near and cried, "There is no exit from need, you hear?"
All around me, "I am in need, I am in need", they said.
Then I awoke in my comfortable bed.
Somewhat disturbed by my strange, short dream,
I got up wondering about that which I had seen.
I looked in the mirror, and what did I see?
I saw NEED looking back at me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Need by Joy Steele )
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
- ap english, imani halley
- Out Of Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pagan To The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)