Being tired, I lay down and I slept.
While sleeping, I dreamed.
In my dream, I heard a voice call.
It seemed quite near, but not near at all.
As I cautiously looked around
An ill-defined figure appeared and said, "I am in need".
"In need of what?" I asked, "Where is your need?"
"From where have you come? Where are you going?"
And she said, "I am in need."
"I want to help, I truly do, there must be something I can do."
"Tell me, when are you most in need?"
And he said, "I AM in need".
"I want to find a time, a way, but there are many things to consider when I schedule my day."
Then others came from far and near and cried, "There is no exit from need, you hear?"
All around me, "I am in need, I am in need", they said.
Then I awoke in my comfortable bed.
Somewhat disturbed by my strange, short dream,
I got up wondering about that which I had seen.
I looked in the mirror, and what did I see?
I saw NEED looking back at me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Need by Joy Steele )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel
- If I fail,, hasmukh amathalal
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA