Being tired, I lay down and I slept.
While sleeping, I dreamed.
In my dream, I heard a voice call.
It seemed quite near, but not near at all.
As I cautiously looked around
An ill-defined figure appeared and said, "I am in need".
"In need of what?" I asked, "Where is your need?"
"From where have you come? Where are you going?"
And she said, "I am in need."
"I want to help, I truly do, there must be something I can do."
"Tell me, when are you most in need?"
And he said, "I AM in need".
"I want to find a time, a way, but there are many things to consider when I schedule my day."
Then others came from far and near and cried, "There is no exit from need, you hear?"
All around me, "I am in need, I am in need", they said.
Then I awoke in my comfortable bed.
Somewhat disturbed by my strange, short dream,
I got up wondering about that which I had seen.
I looked in the mirror, and what did I see?
I saw NEED looking back at me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Need by Joy Steele )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Spoiler, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Wide Outdoors, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old Mister Laughter, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ode to Evil, Sourabh Mishra
- The Lucky Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Toast For Josie, Kuda Bondamakara
- Harvest of Harms, Madrason writer
- The Song Of The Builder, Edgar Albert Guest
- When The Minister Calls, Edgar Albert Guest
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken