Being tired, I lay down and I slept.
While sleeping, I dreamed.
In my dream, I heard a voice call.
It seemed quite near, but not near at all.
As I cautiously looked around
An ill-defined figure appeared and said, "I am in need".
"In need of what?" I asked, "Where is your need?"
"From where have you come? Where are you going?"
And she said, "I am in need."
"I want to help, I truly do, there must be something I can do."
"Tell me, when are you most in need?"
And he said, "I AM in need".
"I want to find a time, a way, but there are many things to consider when I schedule my day."
Then others came from far and near and cried, "There is no exit from need, you hear?"
All around me, "I am in need, I am in need", they said.
Then I awoke in my comfortable bed.
Somewhat disturbed by my strange, short dream,
I got up wondering about that which I had seen.
I looked in the mirror, and what did I see?
I saw NEED looking back at me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Need by Joy Steele )
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi