Suman Kumar Das
Near and Dear
I roam here and there
Asking everybody, ‘Who is dear? ’
Life or death, joy or sorrow,
Dark or light, friend or foe.
Day after day, year after year,
Time passes, none comes to near.
Many a gain and loss in life,
But I never lose my grip.
I welcome eightieth winter.
As moribund, still longing for answer.
Lastly someone whispers in my ear
That 'All are Near and Dear'.
When I open my third eye
Both sides of a coin I see.
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Near and Dear by Suman Kumar Das )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(8 October 1838 – 1 July 1905)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- unaware of angels, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher