Suman Kumar Das
Near and Dear
I roam here and there
Asking everybody, ‘Who is dear? ’
Life or death, joy or sorrow,
Dark or light, friend or foe.
Day after day, year after year,
Time passes, none comes to near.
Many a gain and loss in life,
But I never lose my grip.
I welcome eightieth winter.
As moribund, still longing for answer.
Lastly someone whispers in my ear
That 'All are Near and Dear'.
When I open my third eye
Both sides of a coin I see.
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Near and Dear by Suman Kumar Das )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Poet, Chris Newton
- Insomnia, petra pen
- "The Rest of My Life.", Aaron Waingrow
- La forme a conséquence, douglas scotney
- How Suicide Works 2, C Jay Caputo
- Eid Mubarak, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- My Feet, Randy McClave