Suman Kumar Das
Near and Dear
I roam here and there
Asking everybody, ‘Who is dear? ’
Life or death, joy or sorrow,
Dark or light, friend or foe.
Day after day, year after year,
Time passes, none comes to near.
Many a gain and loss in life,
But I never lose my grip.
I welcome eightieth winter.
As moribund, still longing for answer.
Lastly someone whispers in my ear
That 'All are Near and Dear'.
When I open my third eye
Both sides of a coin I see.
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Near and Dear by Suman Kumar Das )
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Kind Of Poetry., Darlene Walsh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns