RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sitting in the shade of a beautiful old tree, writing,
listening to Bach on my Walkman, watching shadows dance
and jump about from the corner of my eye.
Lively, anticipating the coolness blowing across my face,
seeing the beauty conquered by nature in wonderful splendor.
Voice of nature blends in with the music of Bach, helping
to create poetry, holy and sacred within.
Operatic voices, singing to music in Italian, totally
refreshes my mind and leaves me feeling very peaceful.
All the world has disappeared as I write and become one
with my little inner universe.
There are no interruptions here, no demands or questions,
being myself for fractious moments in time, filled with awe
and wonder, much like a little child.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nature's Opera by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
- Alesha the Cat, Steve Kittell
- Heart Broke, Vijaya mam
- Perhaps I'll See You, Abu Tammam
- A Back Seat, Elia Michael
- Love shall stand, hasmukh amathalal
- Female Author, Sylvia Plath
- Dirge For A Joker, Sylvia Plath
- The Babysitters, Sylvia Plath
- The Beekeeper's Daughter, Sylvia Plath
- Bluebeard, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)