Waltz For Zizi
I paint life in cheap ink, close to you,
Putting my courage on paper,
Waiting for your face to turn from the window,
So I could get a chance to approach your lips with a kiss,
Or your left cheek.
I'd give you a flower,
The fields are full,
But the train never stops.
..and now you read and say in your mind,
upsetting words for a heart, for my heart.
(Others don't care if you love them. But I care.)
I'm waiting for someone, anyone,
To call your name. I need to hear it,
To burn it in my mind, next to the shape of your skin.
I don't want to stain this moment, with the regret of maybe,
With the regret of not knowing,
At least the name of this shape sitting next to me.
..20 minutes later, she left,
as soundless as she sat
grasping someone else's hand.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nameless, Soundless by Waltz For Zizi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Muse In Flight Before The Approachin.., mary douglas
- Etched In The Stone The Weeping Fern Sur.., mary douglas
- Neutralize your last final words, Mark Heathcote
- Her Voice, Kristopher DeLander
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra
- Silently Growing Strength, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Green The Leaf Reverts To When Earth.., mary douglas