Staggered and stumbled
I found myself alone, oneday.
Living in solitude with patches of dreams,
only once the sun rose,
then it's all anguish.
With deep contemplation
I watched the setting sun.
The sea beckoned,
like the prohibited look of the dense cloud,
was there any moon that night.
All is quiet, with the
gradually disappearing dream.
Vacant mind traverse the unknown road,
and the air is filled with the smell of ashes.
Original language: Bengali,
Name of the poet: Bitasta Ghosal,
Name of the translator: Spandan Bhattacharyya.
Spandan Bhattacharyya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nameless Dreams by Spandan Bhattacharyya )
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
- Stations of life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Before I Knocked, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)