For you I am just a ghost,
Washed ashore the banks of shadow,
And you never look at me,
In the same way you ignored me before.
Without you my world’s grey,
Without colors, without solace,
In your vivid world,
You don’t have a place for black……
I guess that’s what I am to you,
A shade, a forgettable past.
Sometimes I try to defy my destiny,
Sometimes try to prove, you mean nothing,
But if you aren’t anyone,
Then why does it hurt,
Your disregard, your indifference.
It ices my heart,
Burns my soul,
Even for a moment with you,
I would abandon everything,
I would give up all.
You never want that moment with me,
It hurts me, can’t you see?
You try to kill my love,
Somehow I always save it…………
I would even give up all my smiles,
And take all your tears,
I just need a chance,
Would it be too much?
For you to spare me a glance.
I am a sailor,
Lost in love’s vast sea,
Oh my love, my darling,
You are my beacon,
A lighthouse for me,
I know you would protest when you hear it,
You won’t ever agree.
I guess your memories,
Your smiles, your words
Will always be mine,
And mine alone,
When I can’t have you,
They seem like best substitute………….
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Naked Love by Lucifera Santez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki