For you I am just a ghost,
Washed ashore the banks of shadow,
And you never look at me,
In the same way you ignored me before.
Without you my world’s grey,
Without colors, without solace,
In your vivid world,
You don’t have a place for black……
I guess that’s what I am to you,
A shade, a forgettable past.
Sometimes I try to defy my destiny,
Sometimes try to prove, you mean nothing,
But if you aren’t anyone,
Then why does it hurt,
Your disregard, your indifference.
It ices my heart,
Burns my soul,
Even for a moment with you,
I would abandon everything,
I would give up all.
You never want that moment with me,
It hurts me, can’t you see?
You try to kill my love,
Somehow I always save it…………
I would even give up all my smiles,
And take all your tears,
I just need a chance,
Would it be too much?
For you to spare me a glance.
I am a sailor,
Lost in love’s vast sea,
Oh my love, my darling,
You are my beacon,
A lighthouse for me,
I know you would protest when you hear it,
You won’t ever agree.
I guess your memories,
Your smiles, your words
Will always be mine,
And mine alone,
When I can’t have you,
They seem like best substitute………….
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Naked Love by Lucifera Santez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Sir Walter Scott
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty
- Trees, Leila Hadi
- No Name Necessary, Leila Hadi
- I Dream of Making Films, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I Still Miss You, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Eid, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Misunderstandings, Md. Ziaul Haque