We sat in the park a packet of fags and
a bottle of wine, on the back of a napkin
I wrote her a poem of love.
While struggling to find the right words,
I hardly know her, she fell asleep, wine
of good quality can be strong.
I counted my cigarettes, had five left
but saw the light of a night bar, so I left
her there sleeping, went and had a drink.
When I came back she had left, my poem
written on the clean side of the napkin,
was on the ground torn to shreds.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mysterious Encounter by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- First Date (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Love Forever, Sandra Feldman