I'm not sure of what I'm thinking is true,
And I don't know the way out.
Friends seem to be enemies,
... And all I'm left with is a mysterious doubt!
I tried to clear, but it got more blurr and distant,
I tried to yell & I tried to shout.
But no one turned back at that instant,
And all I was left with was a mysterious doubt!
Things were just getting worse than ever,
I had to go through this rout!
I had lost the battle, I said in disbelief,
And all I'm left with is a mysterious doubt!
Forget all this twaddle, to myself I said,
There are many others to think about.
Why my desires for some stupids be dead,
And my life be spoilt because of a MYSTERIOUS DOUBT!
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Mysterious Doubt' by Sujay Patekar )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 19, 1942)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Deflowered Idea..., Luana Del Lobo
- Do You Love Me?, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Jo Tum Aa Jaate Ek Bar, Mahadevi Varma
- 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' Haiku for Michae.., Chenou Liu