Little King of Sorrows
My world is crashing down around me.
My head is dizzy from this tailspin.
My heart is heavy. My breath is broken.
My eyes are wide in search of safety.
This fear is taking over me now.
This darkness blanketing every inch of light.
This paralysis leaving me a sitting duck.
This fight has left me battered beyond recognition.
It's agony in the midst of inevitable defeat.
It's disappointment in values held dear to no avail.
It's hopeless to find help without secret motives.
It's heart-breaking to count the losses acquired.
No answers to the questions I've been left with.
No light at the end of the tunnel to be seen.
No empathy from this world for a life uncommon.
No shield from the darts of pain spat my way.
A soul devastated by endless betrayal of loved ones.
A struggle unheard of and hardly possible of comprehending.
A journey of epic proportions and tales rare as diamonds.
A lesson unrecognised and unfounded by a weary mind.
That road is a lonely path seemingly having no end.
That truth is a nightmare I awake to every morning.
That sacrifice is a crippling and deadly disease.
That life is hard to imagine and mine alone to claim.
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My World by Little King of Sorrows )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable
- SELF-INTROSPECTION ON MY HAPPY BIRTH DAY, Purusottam Chuli
- I Wish For Peace, Serena Blackinton
- Sonnet # 535, Luis Estable
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA