In this life we have many teachers!
Some you ma not consider to be teachers,
But truly they are.
They all have different ways in teaching you a lesson.
Some lessons leave you wounded,
But those wounds heal over time.
Others leave you scarred,
But those scars failed eventually.
Some of these teachers you have grown to love,
While others you simply tolerate.
Some have given you all the attention.
While others demonstrated what they want you to learn.
They teach you what to do and what not to,
And what to expect and how to deal with it.
At my age I have had a number of teachers
And in my many years to come,
I have may more teachers to come into contact with
And i will be ready with my pen and note pad to take notes!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Teachers by Qwanza Bentinck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola
- Never Give Up, Sandra Feldman
- To a Muslim Assalam to a Hindu Ram Ram, Akhtar Jawad
- Enchanted Evening, The Princess
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra