Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow
I feel me in chains from all sides,
Yet find like dry leaf in hot wind
Thrown zigzag over time’s tapestry
Without a fulcrum to hold me tight.
No bit of space to maneuver my moves,
Yet thrown to new hole at every turn;
Like caged lion I struggle to wriggle out,
Only to bleed and exhaust will to fight.
I looked to horizons and its silver clouds,
Like winged angel I raced to reach there,
While my roots held me tight to earth,
And fell flat on earth, soiled and failed.
Neither East or West, or North or South,
Neither front or back, or above or below
Make any sense while I’m caged like this,
And find life dull exhaust of time’s drive.
Time is rugged path, full of ups, downs,
Sudden turns and twists, and rise and fall,
Where I’m mere car, unknown drives forth,
And time bestows fuel to run me somewhere.
Mere farthing dust in colossus of unknown,
Thrown helter skelter in time’s wild hests,
Crippled I feel, without my will or mind,
And sail like kite in uncertain infinite sky.
No goal posts to reach, no drive within me,
No dreams to carry and sail me through;
At unknown beckons I do run forward
Like laptops run on Operating Softwares.
Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My State by Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow )
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Know Why Old People Are Sometimes Very.., Shalom Freedman
- Speaking Loudly, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Sure, Michael McParland
- Into The Air, Robert Eckstein
- Loving you, Jesus James Llorico
- Fly away, Sagrario Garcia
- Killing Me Softly, Electric Lady
- Shh...I'm Hiding, Shrey Anand
- Faith in Christ!, Shaila Touchton
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)