My Scattered Thoughts vii
Would you like to let me try
to read the book of your life
though it's not written in my own language
rather it seems to be written in Greek?
i am sorry, how can i read
these alphas and omegas of your life?
but, let me take another try,
would you like to let me stay
to explore the realm of your mind so vast?
though i don't claim to perform the feat
i just wish i could read the starry dreams
scattered on the skies
of your closed eyes
would you let me break the seal
of your obstinate soul,
the marble, stone, cold soul?
once broken, you will remain
no more hard, because
i am there to pick the shards
of your torn heart-but
No, my apologies!
let me be bold enough
to take all the tall claims back, i realise
i am a timid dreamer, (not always but now it seems so)
i wonder what this poetry is
like the old romantic 'deceiving elf'
it makes one forget the narrow bounds
of one's own courage level,
yes, let me be bold enough to admit
you are beyond me like Greek,
you are beyond me like Mathematics,
i surrender before me
- - - - - - - - - - - -
i give up!
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Scattered Thoughts vii by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal