Dorian Petersen Potter
My Rock My Power And My Source
When the cares of this world are too much,
And injustices around me is all I see,
He's my Rock, my Power and my Source,
And I know in Him I can always depend on...
When wicked men around me only seek to harm me,
And only evil thoughts they have in their mind,
And in power, self-gratification and pure greediness they feed on,
Please Lord, give me the valor to keep going straight my path...
As their agenda goes only it seems like this, and they say:
'Give me more and more and toss me more in the sack'
So when evil men seek to surround me with every evil,
And in their hearts with bad intentions, to me they may come...
Oh, my Sweet Lord! in those moments be my solid Rock!
Pour your Spirit all on me, so I remain in your faithfully strong...
Help me to stir my own ship through my course right,
And be You, my sole Provider, when I face every storm...
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Rock My Power And My Source by Dorian Petersen Potter )
- Let us try, gajanan mishra
- An Ode to a Salmon, Athena Hood
- नागिरो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Inner Solitude, Neela Nath
- I Don't Know, Akhtar Jawad
- My Sentimental Diversity, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Poetry, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Emerge.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mirror, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Chasing True Dream, Mark Nixon Legaspi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)