Dorian Petersen Potter
My Rock My Power And My Source
When the cares of this world are too much,
And injustices around me is all I see,
He's my Rock, my Power and my Source,
And I know in Him I can always depend on...
When wicked men around me only seek to harm me,
And only evil thoughts they have in their mind,
And in power, self-gratification and pure greediness they feed on,
Please Lord, give me the valor to keep going straight my path...
As their agenda goes only it seems like this, and they say:
'Give me more and more and toss me more in the sack'
So when evil men seek to surround me with every evil,
And in their hearts with bad intentions, to me they may come...
Oh, my Sweet Lord! in those moments be my solid Rock!
Pour your Spirit all on me, so I remain in your faithfully strong...
Help me to stir my own ship through my course right,
And be You, my sole Provider, when I face every storm...
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Rock My Power And My Source by Dorian Petersen Potter )
- Prisoner's Song, Tony Adah
- Anticipation, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream, shakil ahmed
- My boat is sinking ever so slowly, JIBAN GOSWAMI
- You Can Lil story, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Exploitation, gajanan mishra
- Three Simple Words, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Loving Others, Tom Zart
- Law Breakers, Tony Adah
- Our India is the best country of the who.., Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Men, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)