Dorian Petersen Potter
My Rock My Power And My Source
When the cares of this world are too much,
And injustices around me is all I see,
He's my Rock, my Power and my Source,
And I know in Him I can always depend on...
When wicked men around me only seek to harm me,
And only evil thoughts they have in their mind,
And in power, self-gratification and pure greediness they feed on,
Please Lord, give me the valor to keep going straight my path...
As their agenda goes only it seems like this, and they say:
'Give me more and more and toss me more in the sack'
So when evil men seek to surround me with every evil,
And in their hearts with bad intentions, to me they may come...
Oh, my Sweet Lord! in those moments be my solid Rock!
Pour your Spirit all on me, so I remain in your faithfully strong...
Help me to stir my own ship through my course right,
And be You, my sole Provider, when I face every storm...
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Rock My Power And My Source by Dorian Petersen Potter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cognac, Larisa Rzhepishevska
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V
- When Angry, Leong Ming Loong
- Truth and conscience, gajanan mishra
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Exist, Rohit Sapra
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar