chize ryan ogunkah
Quotation on love:
it takes courage and purity to play the games of the heart with sincerity of purpose. anything to the contrary is cowardice and corruption of the spirit.
Quotation on friendship:
man is always evolving. you never fully know who you really are until you see pockets of you in other people, and you never fully become until you have explored the existence of others.
Quotation on truth:
friends may leave, feelings dissipate, trust wane, memories fade, but veracity will stand time's test even if concealed under a bushel or in disguise.
Quotation on faith:
conviction without sight is a consequence of religious magnanimity, but in reality, it is the dork's apparel.
Proverb for the child:
food fed by a known hand tastes better in the mouth than by unfamiliar fingers.
man has never really drifted from the state of nature. in this time, it wears the face of laws and economic control.
lessons from time:
between the form and substance of palpable existence, the physical appearance is the form and the substance lies in legacy.
chize ryan ogunkah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Quotations by chize ryan ogunkah )
- The Absurd Nightmare, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Will You Read My Poem, Sir?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Repair a net, Trong Phan
- Jayanta Mahahpatra As An Image-maker, A .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- hindi haiku ghazal chaand, S.D. TIWARI
- Who Really Cares? Does Anything Matter?, Mr. Nobody
- Jashn manaao, Aftab Alam
- Poetry Is Where You Find It X, Frank Avon
- Happiness Is..., Arno Le Roux
- I Never Travelled Alone, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)