chize ryan ogunkah
Quotation on love:
it takes courage and purity to play the games of the heart with sincerity of purpose. anything to the contrary is cowardice and corruption of the spirit.
Quotation on friendship:
man is always evolving. you never fully know who you really are until you see pockets of you in other people, and you never fully become until you have explored the existence of others.
Quotation on truth:
friends may leave, feelings dissipate, trust wane, memories fade, but veracity will stand time's test even if concealed under a bushel or in disguise.
Quotation on faith:
conviction without sight is a consequence of religious magnanimity, but in reality, it is the dork's apparel.
Proverb for the child:
food fed by a known hand tastes better in the mouth than by unfamiliar fingers.
man has never really drifted from the state of nature. in this time, it wears the face of laws and economic control.
lessons from time:
between the form and substance of palpable existence, the physical appearance is the form and the substance lies in legacy.
chize ryan ogunkah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Quotations by chize ryan ogunkah )
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)