My Prayer For Life!
Can you hear me dudes?
It’s me, your close buddy;
I have been your close inmate from generation to generation
Gave you all that you needed
But; what have you done to me?
Why such a poor treatment to me?
Wore me, tore me and what not?
Till I could no more tolerate.
I am bleeding throughout my body!
Tsunami, Earthquakes, Floods, Global warming
Is all out of it!
Beg you now, to save me
Treat me with Afforestation and the like
Stop Polluting; save me
At least from today, put an end to the bleeding!
In return I will protect you.
A prayer to the people,
By a Crippled; Earth!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Prayer For Life! by Queeny Gona )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Before The World Was Made, William Butler Yeats
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Coming Home, Slim Jay
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney