The feel of loneliness,
Disappears the moment I hear your voice.
So sweet that it sweeps away my sadness,
and brings my heart to a rejoice.
As always I turn and twist my head in pride,
to see the beautiful creature in nature as it glides.
So it's you the bird that defied the law of nature?
Your jumps from branch to branch leaves me with need for adventure.
Though you small but you have beautiful feathers,
your white belly under the tail makes you more glamorous.
Black feathers above and below,
gladdens my soul as I watch how you wag your tail.
You heal my heart when in sorrow,
that gives me a hope of morrow.
I wish I could be able to protect you,
when a harmful hunter plans to shunter you.
But let it not worry you,
I'll pray to God of nature to protect you.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (MY PET by Cunningham Mbati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris
- Beyond The Desert, Tracee Olga
- Tumbleweed, Robert Kane
- The Motorcyclists, James Tate
- The Definition of Gardening, James Tate
- Escape, Sadiqullah Khan
- Dial the Number Zero, Pintu Mahakul