The feel of loneliness,
Disappears the moment I hear your voice.
So sweet that it sweeps away my sadness,
and brings my heart to a rejoice.
As always I turn and twist my head in pride,
to see the beautiful creature in nature as it glides.
So it's you the bird that defied the law of nature?
Your jumps from branch to branch leaves me with need for adventure.
Though you small but you have beautiful feathers,
your white belly under the tail makes you more glamorous.
Black feathers above and below,
gladdens my soul as I watch how you wag your tail.
You heal my heart when in sorrow,
that gives me a hope of morrow.
I wish I could be able to protect you,
when a harmful hunter plans to shunter you.
But let it not worry you,
I'll pray to God of nature to protect you.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (MY PET by Cunningham Mbati )
- So I thought, hasmukh amathalal
- That Day Into My Eyes You Gazed (M. Tsve.., Olga Kyvelidi
- For Me You Have No Love... (S.Esenin), Olga Kyvelidi
- All can benefit, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Wendell Berry
- Only sweet words, hasmukh amathalal
- Good Bye My Rebelle, Hebert Logerie
- Like The Water, Wendell Berry
- what are you to me, Cyrus Shaftang
- Even with enough, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(20 June 1952 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns