My Past and My Present Time
I can't delete my past, as it really existed.
So far I almost never remember it, as I enjoy the present time
And a Javanese wisdom guides me: Aja ngeceh-eceh pikiran
Meaning don't waste your time thinking anything useless
But I like to share it with you so you can learn from my past
And you will know how I struggled to fight it and then gained my consciousness
And to a certain extent, I must be grateful that I had that experience
Not everyone gets that luck. LOL.
But it's true
That it gave me a lot of lesson about life
About the fact that there is a kind of love mixed with envy that could destroy me
It adds the colours of my life and the colours of me.
It even had saved my life once because I could see the similar pattern
Not open and not transparent, and manipulation of mind
So I am Nur Meiyati
Who contains me and I
And that's not too bad, isn't it?
Nur Meiyati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Past and My Present Time by Nur Meiyati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)