My Past and My Present Time
I can't delete my past, as it really existed.
So far I almost never remember it, as I enjoy the present time
And a Javanese wisdom guides me: Aja ngeceh-eceh pikiran
Meaning don't waste your time thinking anything useless
But I like to share it with you so you can learn from my past
And you will know how I struggled to fight it and then gained my consciousness
And to a certain extent, I must be grateful that I had that experience
Not everyone gets that luck. LOL.
But it's true
That it gave me a lot of lesson about life
About the fact that there is a kind of love mixed with envy that could destroy me
It adds the colours of my life and the colours of me.
It even had saved my life once because I could see the similar pattern
Not open and not transparent, and manipulation of mind
So I am Nur Meiyati
Who contains me and I
And that's not too bad, isn't it?
Nur Meiyati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Past and My Present Time by Nur Meiyati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A LITTLE BIT CRAZY, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SEX 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- What You Create, Susan Lacovara
- LEARNING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- VIRTUES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SCIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUNRISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BACK STABBING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey