My Only Love
Someone once asked me:
“ Did you ever fall in love? ”
And I gave a smile and said:
“ Oh, yes I did
A long time ago.
When I looked,
It felt as in a movie,
Where love was magical,
Where before was gone,
When my heart
Was heard from the outside,
When they tried to make me angry,
And instead I ended happier still.
I did once fall in love, my friend.
But it was not with a man,
It was not with the mirror like some do:
It was with my sight and my eyes,
For giving me the chance
To look at such a wonderful world”.
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Only Love by Karen GonzalezVidela )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)