My Only Love
Someone once asked me:
“ Did you ever fall in love? ”
And I gave a smile and said:
“ Oh, yes I did
A long time ago.
When I looked,
It felt as in a movie,
Where love was magical,
Where before was gone,
When my heart
Was heard from the outside,
When they tried to make me angry,
And instead I ended happier still.
I did once fall in love, my friend.
But it was not with a man,
It was not with the mirror like some do:
It was with my sight and my eyes,
For giving me the chance
To look at such a wonderful world”.
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Only Love by Karen GonzalezVidela )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal