My Only Love
Someone once asked me:
“ Did you ever fall in love? ”
And I gave a smile and said:
“ Oh, yes I did
A long time ago.
When I looked,
It felt as in a movie,
Where love was magical,
Where before was gone,
When my heart
Was heard from the outside,
When they tried to make me angry,
And instead I ended happier still.
I did once fall in love, my friend.
But it was not with a man,
It was not with the mirror like some do:
It was with my sight and my eyes,
For giving me the chance
To look at such a wonderful world”.
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Only Love by Karen GonzalezVidela )
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck