What is my need
I am here to know first.
And I know
I am in need of You only
You my truth
You my love
You my cosmos.
O my dear, I know
Like you I am not bounded
By any geographical limits.
My aim is towards
Oneness of the entire human society
The entire energy of living beings
My aim is to establish
The ideal of a common cause.
And for this I am writing poetry
I know poetry is the spark-full
Sparkling light in the darkness
And I know poetry is here with me
To say how humanity can become
One in peace friendship and prosperity
With a common cause.
I am in need of that true poetry.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My need by gajanan mishra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1563 - 1631)
(7 May 1892 – 20 April 1982)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Gift, Li-Young Lee
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost