Eleven years ago, fourth was the day,
You gave birth to me and that was my birthday.
In your arms, I am never at bay,
And in your lap, I love to play.
Hey angel mom,
You are my life,
You always greet me with your pretty charm
You cut vegetables for me with your carving knife.
In your lap, I feel free from all harm,
You are a sweet mother
and a beautiful wife,
I feel safe in your palm.
My cute mother,
You shop for me in the mart,
About me you bother
So please never part
We shall always live together,
And if any disputes, we shall sort,
It is as clear as the ether,
That you are a sweet heart
You are as soft as a feather,
I must tell it is an art.
Prashanthi Ramachandran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Mother by Prashanthi Ramachandran )
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mind's Highway, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- While The World Is Asleep, Kewayne Wadley
- Songs For Harmony By Stephen Gill, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Aleksandra, Thomas Bates
- Contained Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's The Noise, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Gumsum Gumsum, Akhtar Jawad
- Workmates?, Over The Moon
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)