Eleven years ago, fourth was the day,
You gave birth to me and that was my birthday.
In your arms, I am never at bay,
And in your lap, I love to play.
Hey angel mom,
You are my life,
You always greet me with your pretty charm
You cut vegetables for me with your carving knife.
In your lap, I feel free from all harm,
You are a sweet mother
and a beautiful wife,
I feel safe in your palm.
My cute mother,
You shop for me in the mart,
About me you bother
So please never part
We shall always live together,
And if any disputes, we shall sort,
It is as clear as the ether,
That you are a sweet heart
You are as soft as a feather,
I must tell it is an art.
Prashanthi Ramachandran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Mother by Prashanthi Ramachandran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma
- i still weep for June~, Mandolyn ...
- Uncombed Sanctity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good Morning, Cathy Hodgson
- Foolish People Sayings, Terence G. Craddock
- Today's Journey, Cathy Hodgson
- Death Wishes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi
- Unknown Qualities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak