Eleven years ago, fourth was the day,
You gave birth to me and that was my birthday.
In your arms, I am never at bay,
And in your lap, I love to play.
Hey angel mom,
You are my life,
You always greet me with your pretty charm
You cut vegetables for me with your carving knife.
In your lap, I feel free from all harm,
You are a sweet mother
and a beautiful wife,
I feel safe in your palm.
My cute mother,
You shop for me in the mart,
About me you bother
So please never part
We shall always live together,
And if any disputes, we shall sort,
It is as clear as the ether,
That you are a sweet heart
You are as soft as a feather,
I must tell it is an art.
Prashanthi Ramachandran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Mother by Prashanthi Ramachandran )
- Dreams Of Expectations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the poet in you..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Doornock Advice, douglas scotney
- Ghazal-Zindigi, Akhtar Jawad
- i will delete this later, Mandolyn ...
- Moonlight Walks, Rajnish Manga
- 3 Dimensions Of Word, sallam yassin
- Dancing in her mind, Aftab Alam
- A C T C - 2014/10 Official Entries - Vot.., Brian Johnston
- ENID STILL HUNGRY, Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Moment, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)