My Lover’s Physique
My lover’s physique is youthful
like a tender sprout leaf!
While she smiles,
her teeth look like pearls!
Her body smells
with a nice fragrance!
Her eye paste smeared eyes
look sharp like spears!
appear to have made of bamboo!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a poem from ThirukkuRaL.
முறிமேனி முத்தம் முறுவல் வெறிநாற்றம்
வேல்உண்கண் வேய்த்தோள் அவட்கு.1113 நலம்புனைந்துரைத்தல்
Comments about this poem (My Lover’s Physique by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- a symphony, Cee Bea
- one shouldn't, Neelapu Suresh
- Spring Wood, Knutsford: my place of play, Mark Heathcote
- Mrs. Ullrick, Akhtar Jawad
- See the Beauty of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- Changes after being In love, Sneha Celine
- The Tailor's Daughter - III (The Underw.., Chris Zachariou
- Quicksand of That Good Woman, Donal Mahoney
- Does Remain Lastingly, Rohit Sapra
- Martyrs at the Borders, DOMINIC K V
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 February 1874 – 12 May 1925)