My Lovely June
O come sweet June, my lovely June
The month when first the roses bloom -
A wondrous, colourful display
By sunlight kissed throughout the day,
So chasing all my cares away.
And fixed above, the starry bull,
Glittering there, so beautiful,
Adorning thus the northern skies
Whene'er the dazzling daylight dies -
‘Tis like a glimpse of Paradise.
Then climbing high in heav'ns expanse
The sun ascends, to so enhance
The splendour that is all around.
O June, fair June, wherein abound
The seasons gifts, which full surround,
With flower petals soft unfurled
And vines around the trellis curled.
The grass is sweet and richly green
With shining luminescent sheen -
Your face, my June, a beauteous scene.
Carnations flourish through the years
Bursting forth from Mary's tears,
And Honeysuckle-scented air,
No other fragrance does compare -
I seek to ever tarry there.
O June, dear June, for you I wait -
My longing ever shall abate
When you recur with all your grace
To lift my heart and light my face,
And thus my soul to full embrace.
Such pure delight, all heaven sent,
O June, my June, you bring content.
‘Tis you for whom I ever yearn,
Awaiting thus your prized return -
O June, my lovely June sojourn.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
They are perennials which are in full bloom, like most other flowers, during the month of June.
Comments about this poem (My Lovely June by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Primary Colours, vince gullaci
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)