My Life- A Beach
My life is like water,
on the beach.
It overflows with happiness
or it recedes back with disappointment.
The waves are the torment.
Fishes my friends,
plants my family, who help me
stay down to earth.
The people who i see
having fun on beaches are
my enemies, mocking me,
destroying me. But it is hard,
to give a cut so deep.
Found sometimes, the sea shells,
are the opportunities.
When dug deeper
one could find pearls as rewards,
in the shells.
My heart is like the wind,
which blows over water.
Sometimes sweet, sometimes sour.
Not affected by what goes on,
in the water. As the water,
is not to be blindly followed,
the wind decides when the ship sails.
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Life- A Beach by Aditi Khandelwal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies