My Life- A Beach
My life is like water,
on the beach.
It overflows with happiness
or it recedes back with disappointment.
The waves are the torment.
Fishes my friends,
plants my family, who help me
stay down to earth.
The people who i see
having fun on beaches are
my enemies, mocking me,
destroying me. But it is hard,
to give a cut so deep.
Found sometimes, the sea shells,
are the opportunities.
When dug deeper
one could find pearls as rewards,
in the shells.
My heart is like the wind,
which blows over water.
Sometimes sweet, sometimes sour.
Not affected by what goes on,
in the water. As the water,
is not to be blindly followed,
the wind decides when the ship sails.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Life- A Beach by Aditi Khandelwal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Sound Advice, Edward Kofi Louis
- A WOMAN OF NO FREEDOM FOR CONSCIENCE, alexander opicho
- The Fountain Of Youth, Jim Yerman
- 'Golden-Boy', Edward Kofi Louis
- After The Rain, Ronald Chapman
- अराय सैथो, Bahadur Basumatary
- Having Premarital Sex, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vision of India, Laxman Rao
- Under The Big Oak Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- As You Came Along, Edward Kofi Louis