My Life- A Beach
My life is like water,
on the beach.
It overflows with happiness
or it recedes back with disappointment.
The waves are the torment.
Fishes my friends,
plants my family, who help me
stay down to earth.
The people who i see
having fun on beaches are
my enemies, mocking me,
destroying me. But it is hard,
to give a cut so deep.
Found sometimes, the sea shells,
are the opportunities.
When dug deeper
one could find pearls as rewards,
in the shells.
My heart is like the wind,
which blows over water.
Sometimes sweet, sometimes sour.
Not affected by what goes on,
in the water. As the water,
is not to be blindly followed,
the wind decides when the ship sails.
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Life- A Beach by Aditi Khandelwal )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Poor Child's Born with a Start that'.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang