My Life- A Beach
My life is like water,
on the beach.
It overflows with happiness
or it recedes back with disappointment.
The waves are the torment.
Fishes my friends,
plants my family, who help me
stay down to earth.
The people who i see
having fun on beaches are
my enemies, mocking me,
destroying me. But it is hard,
to give a cut so deep.
Found sometimes, the sea shells,
are the opportunities.
When dug deeper
one could find pearls as rewards,
in the shells.
My heart is like the wind,
which blows over water.
Sometimes sweet, sometimes sour.
Not affected by what goes on,
in the water. As the water,
is not to be blindly followed,
the wind decides when the ship sails.
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Life- A Beach by Aditi Khandelwal )
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)