My Life- A Beach
My life is like water,
on the beach.
It overflows with happiness
or it recedes back with disappointment.
The waves are the torment.
Fishes my friends,
plants my family, who help me
stay down to earth.
The people who i see
having fun on beaches are
my enemies, mocking me,
destroying me. But it is hard,
to give a cut so deep.
Found sometimes, the sea shells,
are the opportunities.
When dug deeper
one could find pearls as rewards,
in the shells.
My heart is like the wind,
which blows over water.
Sometimes sweet, sometimes sour.
Not affected by what goes on,
in the water. As the water,
is not to be blindly followed,
the wind decides when the ship sails.
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Life- A Beach by Aditi Khandelwal )
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The tour bus of heaven., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Sirens, Alesia Leach
- American red, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Race is on., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Decree's, Cee Bea
- A letter to a soldier., Harold R Hunt Sr
- 11 Days Before Christmas, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Are These Killers, Harold R Hunt Sr
- When I, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)