So much energy, passion and
Love in one person is hard
For most to understand.
So much beauty, kindness and
Elation in a single
Girl is hard for most to digest.
So much creativity, insight and
Imagination in one woman
Is hard for most to comprehend.
So much knowledge, strength and
Skill in a single friend
Is hard for most to perceive.
So much courage, faith and
Intensity in a single best friend
Is hard for most to imagine.
So much life, glory and
Magic about a single soul
Is hard for most to understand.
I have met this one person, this single girl, a woman,
A friend a best friend and her soul are profound, for she has changed me, and if I had never met her a worse person I would be. Because she is amazing and wonderful and gorgeous. Because she is my Kate.
Shannon Greenwald's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Kate by Shannon Greenwald )
- O women, gajanan mishra
- Storm, Md. Asadullah
- To Fall, Morgan Michaels
- Folks You Can't Forget, Donal Mahoney
- Sara, Birgitta Heikka
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)