Who am I?
I am the first cry
Of a new-born baby
Naked and utterly helpless
Wailing-‘Love me, for I am
Yours, Mother. I come from the
Deep recesses of a sacred womb.'
I am an intoxicating attribute of God
Whose oneness I utter in every prayer
I am the tread of every young and old
That hither to the call of prayer.
I am the quiver aroused by the touch of the beloved
The bruise on my beloved’s lips
A kiss whose lingering taste
Wakes me up to its moment
I am the glisten of the beads of libido.
I am the charm that hangs around your neck
Enslaved and engraved-‘You are the chosen one’.
I am a fragrant memory that keeps me in a delirium
A drop of radiance that enthralls every eye that sees it.
I am a myriad specks of dust- enshrouded, lying
Utterly helpless, lowered into the womb of
Mother Earth-helpless I come and helpless I leave
‘Love I am and to love I return.’
Humera Sultana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Journey by Humera Sultana )
- MATHS; Mental Attack To Healthy Students?, Anishka Singh
- ಕುಮಾರ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- The Lion Tamer - Extract from Phantasmag.., Matthew Lawler
- The Joy Of Christmas, Joseph Ogbonna
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1886 - 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)