Who am I?
I am the first cry
Of a new-born baby
Naked and utterly helpless
Wailing-‘Love me, for I am
Yours, Mother. I come from the
Deep recesses of a sacred womb.'
I am an intoxicating attribute of God
Whose oneness I utter in every prayer
I am the tread of every young and old
That hither to the call of prayer.
I am the quiver aroused by the touch of the beloved
The bruise on my beloved’s lips
A kiss whose lingering taste
Wakes me up to its moment
I am the glisten of the beads of libido.
I am the charm that hangs around your neck
Enslaved and engraved-‘You are the chosen one’.
I am a fragrant memory that keeps me in a delirium
A drop of radiance that enthralls every eye that sees it.
I am a myriad specks of dust- enshrouded, lying
Utterly helpless, lowered into the womb of
Mother Earth-helpless I come and helpless I leave
‘Love I am and to love I return.’
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Journey by Humera Sultana )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful Little Christmas, Leah Ayliffe
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeRy1, sEaN nOrTh
- Biswr, Swrji Basumatary
- Wine, Leong Ming Loong
- PARLIAMENTARY TYRANNY IN NAIROBI, alexander opicho
- Christmas, Paul Sebastian
- Let us not fail, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Luo Zhihai
- Ang Mulugkhw, Swrji Basumatary
- Hounds, Anuradha Bhattacharyya