My hopes for you
I hope they understand you cause I felt they never understood me
hope they treat you well cause I felt they always did the things that made my temper swell.
Hope you don’t get distracted from the presences of the lord as there I really hope my soul to dwell
hope your life is not touched by the wrong people and if any attempt I will be there to guide you like a shell
hope when you grow up you would speak positive and the truth you would always tell
hope when you become a gentle man at your woman you wouldn't have to yell
I hope the best for you, I hope that you and I wont just be the father and child but best of friend too, unlike I and my father we would also build a friendship that would keep us close as if we we’re stock by glue.
Jeffrey Omarino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My hopes for you by Jeffrey Omarino )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel
- Hook-Nosed Barbra, Richard Thripp
- she will be mine, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- 2014 IS THE PRETTY YEAR OF HOPE سنة 2014.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- i apologize for all the in you windows...., Mandolyn ...
- three legged race, lee fones
- THE PRETTY SHORES IN YOUR EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI