Don’t be fail about my glare,
or my dead on stair.
Be kind to me I don’t mean to be a nuisance
I’m not trying to be rude but I can’t help it you have something there.
Respect me for my honesty I will tell you no lei.
It is what it is with a glint in my eye.
My honesty stands tall and strong
without a falter or tumble.
You should like me for my honesty,
Because I will tell no lies.
This will go no where if you are not honest with me.
I give so much and take so little.
My honesty is all I have.
So like me for my honesty and I will like you for yours.
My honesty goes so far I can’t see it anymore.
Amanda Shelton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My honesty by Amanda Shelton )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- After Making Love We Hear Footsteps, Galway Kinnell
- Blackberry Eating, Galway Kinnell
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns