My hero- My dad
None to play, were busy all,
Only you came and handed me over with a ball.
For you, I am a doll,
You never let me fall,
You are thin and even tall,
And protect me like a wall.
You are the only friend of mine,
You help when I am in pain.
You never leave my efforts go in vain,
Staying with you, I never lose, I gain
You never leave me alone, even when I dine,
Because of you surely I will shine.
You are very nice to me,
And made me a much nice child there could be.
You treated me, when I hurt my knee
You are the best dad, do you agree?
Never go away, it is my plea
You protect me like a lee.
You made me very bold,
Never will you leave my hand, you told
Your hair is a bit curled,
You are the bestest dad in the world.
I LOVE YOU DAD!
Prashanthi Ramachandran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My hero- My dad by Prashanthi Ramachandran )
- Corset, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Between me and You, Rathna nagaraja
- Concepts 24, Somanathan Iyer
- Wind and storm, Somanathan Iyer
- Artistic Eye, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 9 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Hiding Behind Masks, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Will, Kathryn Tyler King
- 6 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 4 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)