Pussy cat I envy you.
As I wearily trudge across my threshold
Following another exhausting day
In the hamster wheel of gainful employment.
You lazily look up from the sofa -
Following another exhausting day of slumber.
You stretch out a paw in greeting
Before running to the kitchen with loud miaow.
You demand to be fed immediately -
Before I've even got my coat off.
After your master has served you,
And after you have eaten up your fill,
You slowly wander off -
To lazily wash in front of the fire.
Your every wish is my command -
Perhaps you'll now allow me time to feed myself!
After dinner - I switch on the radio and settle down to relax.
You curl up on the mat and instantly fall asleep.
Lying there - all peaceful -
A perfect picture of harmony and contentment.
My head is still full of work of work-related nonsense -
Round and round like a fairground ride.
Oh to be able to switch myself off and relax -
Oh pussy cat, how I envy you!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Hero by bryan wallace )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Giving Praise (Cor.), Margaret Alice Second
- Princess Sakura (Regional Japan), Ronald Chapman
- What The Crab Told His Children, Tony Adah
- I've been sloppy losing you, Mark Heathcote
- LAST TIME MAYBE., Terry Collett
- Advice To My Son, Tony Adah
- ONE'S GOOD TRACE IN LIFE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears Tear Tears, V P Mahur
- Gretel's Reminiscence, mary douglas
- Still Imbued With The Living Rose, mary douglas