Pussy cat I envy you.
As I wearily trudge across my threshold
Following another exhausting day
In the hamster wheel of gainful employment.
You lazily look up from the sofa -
Following another exhausting day of slumber.
You stretch out a paw in greeting
Before running to the kitchen with loud miaow.
You demand to be fed immediately -
Before I've even got my coat off.
After your master has served you,
And after you have eaten up your fill,
You slowly wander off -
To lazily wash in front of the fire.
Your every wish is my command -
Perhaps you'll now allow me time to feed myself!
After dinner - I switch on the radio and settle down to relax.
You curl up on the mat and instantly fall asleep.
Lying there - all peaceful -
A perfect picture of harmony and contentment.
My head is still full of work of work-related nonsense -
Round and round like a fairground ride.
Oh to be able to switch myself off and relax -
Oh pussy cat, how I envy you!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Hero by bryan wallace )
- The American dream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Fly, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fissures Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Girl-child., Bieze Josephat
- Main Street U.S.A., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Cabin in the woods., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Swing, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The old water tower., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Comforted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Taken you back in time., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)