My Heavy Heart
I have been away for a while, searching my soul and trying to create a different style
but I always go back to my comfort zone, so I guess this is where I belong.
friends - I have gained many- who have supported me in my hours of need
and on their strength, I do feed.
so with a heavy heart, I apologize to one and all, because at times we all do fall.
I have found that as we reach our golden years, we create so many fears
wondering if our checks will be enough when these times have gotten so tough
the younger generation is finding it hard to stay afloat - and they
don't have a raft, or boat.
what can we do? nothing! except try to give hope when there is none left to give
and show them that poetry lives.
'words are life'
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heavy Heart by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Recognizing Tempos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes an hour, Pradip Chattopadhyay