My Heart Belongs To...
My heart belonged to a bad person,
He cut me open and left me to die,
He left me cut and bruised,
I didn't stop him because I was in love.
My heart belonged to an evil person,
He tore me apart,
He left me on the streets when I needed him,
But still I did nothing.
I finally left the jerk,
But my heart was still destroyed,
He had taken a piece of me with him,
I didn't ask for it back.
My heart didn't belong to anyone,
I had no one to love,
I was all alone,
I didn't think I could live alone.
My heart belongs to a sweet person,
He doesn't hurt me,
He doesn't care about my past,
I love him but I'm afraid.
My heart belongs to an amazing person,
He holds my hand,
He kisses my forehead and cheek,
I'm in love with this person.
My heart belongs to my boyfriend,
He's my world, my all, and my everything,
He says he'll never leave me,
I believe him because I love him.
My heart belongs to him and only him,
He saved me and fixed me,
I will never be hurt by him,
And I will never be left to die again.
~Emily E. Tyrrell~
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heart Belongs To... by Elizabeth Tyrrell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- ~ His[s]tory ~, MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
Poem of the Day
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum
- The Dent, Levi Crum