My Heart Belongs To...
My heart belonged to a bad person,
He cut me open and left me to die,
He left me cut and bruised,
I didn't stop him because I was in love.
My heart belonged to an evil person,
He tore me apart,
He left me on the streets when I needed him,
But still I did nothing.
I finally left the jerk,
But my heart was still destroyed,
He had taken a piece of me with him,
I didn't ask for it back.
My heart didn't belong to anyone,
I had no one to love,
I was all alone,
I didn't think I could live alone.
My heart belongs to a sweet person,
He doesn't hurt me,
He doesn't care about my past,
I love him but I'm afraid.
My heart belongs to an amazing person,
He holds my hand,
He kisses my forehead and cheek,
I'm in love with this person.
My heart belongs to my boyfriend,
He's my world, my all, and my everything,
He says he'll never leave me,
I believe him because I love him.
My heart belongs to him and only him,
He saved me and fixed me,
I will never be hurt by him,
And I will never be left to die again.
~Emily E. Tyrrell~
Elizabeth Tyrrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heart Belongs To... by Elizabeth Tyrrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Gentle Rain Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- A Buddha in the Heart of the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- I Watched In Wonder, Kyle Schlicher
- Snowflake Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- Weep No More, My Willow Tree!, Maria Magdalena Biela
- ebola virus, ademola oluwabusayo
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar