My Grandfather passed away on the 3rd Day of August,2005
In memory of my Grandfather - a man who toiled arduously to gift His posterity a better future. May His soul Rest in Peace.
Like Ye, I can never aspire to be!
He lay on the bed
weak and fragile,
oblivious to emotions
running high and dry.
Father and I
sat by His side.
He quavered periodically -
slight and sighed.
Father's ear phoned His mouth;
tried hard to catch His
His soul was lost somewhere
in an infinite isle,
struggled hard to break
the shackle of lies.
Father held His flaky hand,
palmed His wrinkled forehead
and stroked His eyebrows
with his thumb.
It was all cold and silent by then.
Miles He had walked
and slept in the end.
Father's emotions landed
on His cheek,
as transparent as Father-son,
Ratan ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Grandfather passed away on the 3rd Day of August,2005 by Ratan ... )
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes