My Grandfather passed away on the 3rd Day of August,2005
In memory of my Grandfather - a man who toiled arduously to gift His posterity a better future. May His soul Rest in Peace.
Like Ye, I can never aspire to be!
He lay on the bed
weak and fragile,
oblivious to emotions
running high and dry.
Father and I
sat by His side.
He quavered periodically -
slight and sighed.
Father's ear phoned His mouth;
tried hard to catch His
His soul was lost somewhere
in an infinite isle,
struggled hard to break
the shackle of lies.
Father held His flaky hand,
palmed His wrinkled forehead
and stroked His eyebrows
with his thumb.
It was all cold and silent by then.
Miles He had walked
and slept in the end.
Father's emotions landed
on His cheek,
as transparent as Father-son,
Ratan ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Grandfather passed away on the 3rd Day of August,2005 by Ratan ... )
- Lisbon, Frank Avon
- Underground, Mark Webster
- Ophelia to Hamlet, David McLansky
- That All Our Beauty's Are The Same, Mark R. Elias
- Lust u me nu meneer, Madrason writer
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns