My Grandfather passed away on the 3rd Day of August,2005
In memory of my Grandfather - a man who toiled arduously to gift His posterity a better future. May His soul Rest in Peace.
Like Ye, I can never aspire to be!
He lay on the bed
weak and fragile,
oblivious to emotions
running high and dry.
Father and I
sat by His side.
He quavered periodically -
slight and sighed.
Father's ear phoned His mouth;
tried hard to catch His
His soul was lost somewhere
in an infinite isle,
struggled hard to break
the shackle of lies.
Father held His flaky hand,
palmed His wrinkled forehead
and stroked His eyebrows
with his thumb.
It was all cold and silent by then.
Miles He had walked
and slept in the end.
Father's emotions landed
on His cheek,
as transparent as Father-son,
Ratan ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Grandfather passed away on the 3rd Day of August,2005 by Ratan ... )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano
- Reasons of existence, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Parents' attachment., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.