My dreams for you are one of many,
You are after all my grandbaby!
One of my happiest days on this earth,
was the day your mother gave you birth.
On that special day when you were born,
I felt my own life's purpose being reborn.
And now I live just for the chance to see,
My grandbaby all grown up healthy and happy!
There's nothing you can possibly ever say or do,
That would ever make me lose my faith in you.
There's nothing you could ever ask of me,
That I would not do for you and do gladly.
Perhaps you need a shoulder or maybe just an ear to bend.
You'll find mine are better than your parent's or friend's.
And if you need an ally or an arsenal by your side.
You'll never find a more welcome home if you tried.
I long to tell you stories and I long to hear yours too.
I long to spend every moment I can just being with you!
And when it comes to wishes, I wish for you the best,
And when it comes to blessings, you beat all the rest.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Grandbaby by Elena Plotkin )
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)