My dreams for you are one of many,
You are after all my grandbaby!
One of my happiest days on this earth,
was the day your mother gave you birth.
On that special day when you were born,
I felt my own life's purpose being reborn.
And now I live just for the chance to see,
My grandbaby all grown up healthy and happy!
There's nothing you can possibly ever say or do,
That would ever make me lose my faith in you.
There's nothing you could ever ask of me,
That I would not do for you and do gladly.
Perhaps you need a shoulder or maybe just an ear to bend.
You'll find mine are better than your parent's or friend's.
And if you need an ally or an arsenal by your side.
You'll never find a more welcome home if you tried.
I long to tell you stories and I long to hear yours too.
I long to spend every moment I can just being with you!
And when it comes to wishes, I wish for you the best,
And when it comes to blessings, you beat all the rest.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Grandbaby by Elena Plotkin )
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
- She, Akhtar Jawad
- Lunch, anthony henriques
- A thoughtless god, Solomon Marshall
- Mukkamal Hoon tumhare Daman mein, Manish Guru
- The Stroke of one person who lie, clawdea benat
- The love which endures the pains is too .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- < He >, Aparna Chatterjee
- Never Losing Sight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collectively Protecting America, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)