Is It Poetry
........... My Friend Ignorance
O' sire, I would hear the details of your friends ignorance.
Knowing no end,
my beginings at the hands of the good.
And my sad behaviour,
it never was always guided by that which they hated.
Every wrong without thinking that was right.
Ignorance left alone,
commits everyone to their new found infamy sooner in the world.
As a result of my ignorance,
I have found the bottom through every layer of hell.
The rocky sides, deep inside the slippery well.
Ignorance was my springboard to misery.
Through my ignorance,
I endured one more that last ordeal, unknown my last danger.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (........... My Friend Ignorance by Is It Poetry )
Did you read them?
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Woman in the Rains, Akhtar Jawad
- In the depths of a grim winter (cavatina), Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)