My Favourite Game
Breathing through a tight chest
I stand at attention to the rough, tormented ocean.
The jagged edge of the cliff
My arms arise in slow motion.
Freezing and bittter
The wind rushes in my hair, violently shivers in waves.
I glare into the depths awaiting me
A cold and nasty grey maze.
A spiteful rain begins to fall
A thousand silver, needles are dropping.
I ready myself like a warrior
Once I taste the plummet there's no stopping.
I leap from my toes
Arching myself, feeling the pain.
Sensation so powerful and strong
Falling into my favourite game.
Sofia Darling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Favourite Game by Sofia Darling )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 November 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- ** अबोल मी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge