My Fathers God
I never knew my fathers God
I do not know for sure he had one
He is in heaven now but one could argue
That he never left
He had a way about him
A way that felt so right
You could see it when
He walked the woods
And meadows on starry nights
He didn't just belong here, He blended in
He became part of where ever he was
Even the animals loved him,
My Father, so gentle so kind.
Who was the guide for this one so right?
This one so close must have had
A confidante, someone to guide
For a wiser one I have never known.
To be with him was to be serene
To converse without words,
To know without doubt that all is well
To be with him was to never be alone
The worries of the day just went away
And we were free.
Yes, I never knew my fathers God,
And I do not know for sure but I think...
He is one
Daniel Richmond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
So, basically, who is Our Fathers God?
Comments about this poem (My Fathers God by Daniel Richmond )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Old man Standing, michael hagwood
- Angelwalk 1, Mr. Spock
- In the rooms, Tom Squires
- stop talking to me, m. l. eoff
- A Lover of A Muslim Girl Am I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Death ballet, Ojaswi Machiraju
- The Indian Villages of Paglets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fred Claus Got It Right, Mr. Nobody
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey