My Fathers God
I never knew my fathers God
I do not know for sure he had one
He is in heaven now but one could argue
That he never left
He had a way about him
A way that felt so right
You could see it when
He walked the woods
And meadows on starry nights
He didn't just belong here, He blended in
He became part of where ever he was
Even the animals loved him,
My Father, so gentle so kind.
Who was the guide for this one so right?
This one so close must have had
A confidante, someone to guide
For a wiser one I have never known.
To be with him was to be serene
To converse without words,
To know without doubt that all is well
To be with him was to never be alone
The worries of the day just went away
And we were free.
Yes, I never knew my fathers God,
And I do not know for sure but I think...
He is one
Daniel Richmond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
So, basically, who is Our Fathers God?
Comments about this poem (My Fathers God by Daniel Richmond )
- The Search, C J Browning
- Each Page Is A Door To Another Place, Curtlan Popo
- Truly Normal, Robert Eckstein
- Believing In Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- BEAUTY ONLY, hasmukh amathalal
- Passion Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'It is, what it is', Mae AC.
- To Perish In Paris, Curtlan Popo
- Depths Of Self - Assertion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Much More To Life There Is To Live, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)