I know my father
I have seen him.
I have not seen
My fathers father
I know him not
It does not mean.
My father was a holy man
And he always
Sued to tell
The race be begin.
What race I thought
I would ask
I had not the
courage to the task.
My father was a loving one
As told by my son
My father was not there
As he born.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My father by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twenty Fourteen, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven, William Butler Yeats
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
Robert Laurence Binyon
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
(10 December 1824 – 18 September 1905)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)