My Dream Land
My dream world where I love to stay
Is near the ocean, the sea and the bay.
With the mild scented breeze I sway
And colorful flowers blow my mind away.
There buildings are shorter than palm trees
I can find nature's friend- the bees.
No continuous honking of the cars,
Peacefully alone, with me are my stars.
When all other seasons sleep in mother nature's lap,
Monsoon comes to fill the gap.
Then green and waterfalls fill my dream land
Like a beautiful magic from a wizard's wand.
But every time when I look at the reality,
My dream world fades away
Then everywhere I see are human made calamities.
Now I only see tall buildings on my way.
Then I see a dream world more pleasant,
Beautiful than yesterday, lovelier than present.
My twinkling star better than new,
My dream land in reality I see in you.
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Dream Land by Aditi Khandelwal )
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)