My Dream Land
My dream world where I love to stay
Is near the ocean, the sea and the bay.
With the mild scented breeze I sway
And colorful flowers blow my mind away.
There buildings are shorter than palm trees
I can find nature's friend- the bees.
No continuous honking of the cars,
Peacefully alone, with me are my stars.
When all other seasons sleep in mother nature's lap,
Monsoon comes to fill the gap.
Then green and waterfalls fill my dream land
Like a beautiful magic from a wizard's wand.
But every time when I look at the reality,
My dream world fades away
Then everywhere I see are human made calamities.
Now I only see tall buildings on my way.
Then I see a dream world more pleasant,
Beautiful than yesterday, lovelier than present.
My twinkling star better than new,
My dream land in reality I see in you.
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Dream Land by Aditi Khandelwal )
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns