- -My Dear- -
The other day, only about you I thought.
This time I've realized I need you a lot.
I saw a young woman walking towards me, while I strolled on the street, being lonely.
I'm sure it was you. She had your countenance too.
You have changed so much since I last saw you.
You're more beautiful than when I saw you last time.
You are getting prettier, but your allure is the same.
May God bless and protect you, all your life.
Darling, let's try and get rid of all this strife, which is between us. Let's try to sort things out, and get together again. It was indeed my fault.
I hope you will forgive me for my past errors.
I didn't have any other woman all these years.
Every day I waited for your phone call.
But you didn't bother to phone me at all.
I'm here in front of you. Please forgive me.
I'm ready for anything, if you accept my plea.
You overwhelm my mind with your face and your voice.
I can even smell the perfume I bought for you once.
My dear, right now you mean everything to me.
My other half - the twin of my soul, I want you to be.
My affection for you is beyond everyday occurrence.
I save hot kisses for you. Please, give me a chance.
Ali Sabry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- -My Dear- - by Ali Sabry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable
- SELF-INTROSPECTION ON MY HAPPY BIRTH DAY, Purusottam Chuli
- I Wish For Peace, Serena Blackinton
- Sonnet # 535, Luis Estable
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA