- -My Dear- -
The other day, only about you I thought.
This time I've realized I need you a lot.
I saw a young woman walking towards me, while I strolled on the street, being lonely.
I'm sure it was you. She had your countenance too.
You have changed so much since I last saw you.
You're more beautiful than when I saw you last time.
You are getting prettier, but your allure is the same.
May God bless and protect you, all your life.
Darling, let's try and get rid of all this strife, which is between us. Let's try to sort things out, and get together again. It was indeed my fault.
I hope you will forgive me for my past errors.
I didn't have any other woman all these years.
Every day I waited for your phone call.
But you didn't bother to phone me at all.
I'm here in front of you. Please forgive me.
I'm ready for anything, if you accept my plea.
You overwhelm my mind with your face and your voice.
I can even smell the perfume I bought for you once.
My dear, right now you mean everything to me.
My other half - the twin of my soul, I want you to be.
My affection for you is beyond everyday occurrence.
I save hot kisses for you. Please, give me a chance.
Ali Sabry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- -My Dear- - by Ali Sabry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong