- -My Dear- -
The other day, only about you I thought.
This time I've realized I need you a lot.
I saw a young woman walking towards me, while I strolled on the street, being lonely.
I'm sure it was you. She had your countenance too.
You have changed so much since I last saw you.
You're more beautiful than when I saw you last time.
You are getting prettier, but your allure is the same.
May God bless and protect you, all your life.
Darling, let's try and get rid of all this strife, which is between us. Let's try to sort things out, and get together again. It was indeed my fault.
I hope you will forgive me for my past errors.
I didn't have any other woman all these years.
Every day I waited for your phone call.
But you didn't bother to phone me at all.
I'm here in front of you. Please forgive me.
I'm ready for anything, if you accept my plea.
You overwhelm my mind with your face and your voice.
I can even smell the perfume I bought for you once.
My dear, right now you mean everything to me.
My other half - the twin of my soul, I want you to be.
My affection for you is beyond everyday occurrence.
I save hot kisses for you. Please, give me a chance.
Ali Sabry's Other Poems
Topic(s): love educates
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- -My Dear- - by Ali Sabry )
Did you read them?
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealth China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
- Blinding Trust, Nick Kler
- I was falling, Rohan Nath
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson