Bijay Kant Dubey
My Brother, You Forget Not Your Sister On The Eve Of The Raksha Bandhan
My dear brother, you forget not this sister,
Sad for you today, on the eve of Raksha Bandhan
Even if you far away from her,
Wherever you are, she wishing you for to be happy
And this the internal wish of the sister.
With tears into the eyes, she remembers her brother,
Going to the market to pick up and purchase
A colourful rakhi for her brother
To tie on her hand.
Brother, forget not your lovely and dear sister
Who always keeps thinking about
Her brother's well-being and welfare
And this the inner yearnign of every sister.
The colourful wrist band she bringing to tie on the hand
Of the brother,
Only she, none but she knows it,
Can take to it so piously.
The price of love, internal bonding, one cannot give,
You forget not your ssiter
Whatever be the situations binding upon
And compelling you.
The love of a sister, try to feel it
And you will feel it when she will not be nearer to you,
The heart of a sisiter so loving
For her brother.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Brother, You Forget Not Your Sister On The Eve Of The Raksha Bandhan by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- दर्द ही सही (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- तेरा ग़म (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- On the road of life على طريق الحياة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Travel, Hans Raj Sharma
- I Will Enter, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Unlimited Love, howard simon
- O, Earth! O, Heavens!, Rachel Glassman
- Epithalamium, Rachel Glassman
- Old age in life among us., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Sonnet, Rachel Glassman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)