As the night came, i am again
addicted by my addiction.
i reach the same street where
wine, women and wealth are already
charming it's victims.
the wine overflow from my glass
such a way that it started
overflowing my pleasure.
the more the night is becoming
young, the more the lust of
wine is increasing my thirst.
after round of wine, i slept
on the street with open sky
and dream of my lost love.
PRADIP DASGUPTA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Addiction by PRADIP DASGUPTA )
- I Know I Have A Heart, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Silence, RAJ VIKRAM
- Lost Butterfly, Poetic Lilly Emery
- For every smile there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- why i wear thermals, Mandolyn ...
- The Secret Of The Universe, Melissa Cantrell
- Paradise, Sharvali Shinde
- Gift., RAJ VIKRAM
- My eyelids, Sergio Jaime
- I Am Woman, Poetic Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley