As the night came, i am again
addicted by my addiction.
i reach the same street where
wine, women and wealth are already
charming it's victims.
the wine overflow from my glass
such a way that it started
overflowing my pleasure.
the more the night is becoming
young, the more the lust of
wine is increasing my thirst.
after round of wine, i slept
on the street with open sky
and dream of my lost love.
PRADIP DASGUPTA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Addiction by PRADIP DASGUPTA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai
- My last regret, Eliza Clair
- My Hometown Today, Dr Ronnie Bai
- Half ajar, Mark Heathcote
- Driftwood (II), Dr Ronnie Bai
- Indian Egnlish, Where Is It? Who The Spe.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blankets Of Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Aisle of our hope's, Elvis Airohi
- A Little While, Luo Zhihai