Human domestication by
The what would become household cat,
Is probably thanks to rats - why?
Cats are drawn where rodents are at,
As a good source for food and fun.
As humans left the caves to farm,
A lot of rat damage was done
To the grown grains. To stop this harm,
The humans and cats struck a deal.
The cats would rats exterminate,
In return for steady home meal,
A purrfect match this did create.
A scratching backs concept of yore.
Of course cats scratch human backs more.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mutual Benefit by Ima Ryma )
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)