Human domestication by
The what would become household cat,
Is probably thanks to rats - why?
Cats are drawn where rodents are at,
As a good source for food and fun.
As humans left the caves to farm,
A lot of rat damage was done
To the grown grains. To stop this harm,
The humans and cats struck a deal.
The cats would rats exterminate,
In return for steady home meal,
A purrfect match this did create.
A scratching backs concept of yore.
Of course cats scratch human backs more.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mutual Benefit by Ima Ryma )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- November, Thomas Hood
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)