Learning enhances breadth of vision
Compassion adds humane dimension
Feelings impel you for action.
Vanity with wisdom if resides
Not by others, it self derides
It does no good to one's pride.
'Am wiser than you' is an addiction
It's just a myth and a fiction
May be a sign of dereliction!
Hanker not for what is beyond your reach
Coveting what is of others does no one preach
Control your desires is what wise men teach.
Hedonistic pursuit satiates for a while
Pleasure is transient, it self stultifies
It ends in boredom, happiness it can't provide.
Your share of pleasure if more than mine
Diligently for comforts you deign design
What lies in future is in the ken divine.
Hatred if with hatred paid
It never ends, ill will it generates
Enmity it perpetuates.
Hatred and ill will are depravity of mind
Solace from it you never can find
Forgiveness is a trait sublime.
Om Chawla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Musings by Om Chawla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal
- Inner Wastelands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz
- Moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal